Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Wikipedia Follow-Up

Earlier, I wrote a post about the SciencesPo Wikipedia page and how I changed a section to add more information. Specifically, in a section that described the seven campuses of the university, I added a paragraph about an athletics and arts competition between the campuses that happens at the end of every school year. Because some time had passed since I added to the Wiki page, I wanted to check to see if my addition was still on the page.

When I visited the page again, my modification was deleted. However, there was a message at the top of the page that informed me that my portion was deleted because there was no citation. So, I retyped my change and added it with the citation. Hopefully now that it is properly cited it stays on the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment